Barefoot Bowls is a great way to enjoy a family, work or group function and is available daytime or evenings.
Barefoot costs $15 per person or $7.50 for Under 18 which includes all equipment, startup coaching, pack up and general supervision by club bowlers.
Barefoot Sessions are for up to 2 hours duration and can be combined with catering (platters or function packs) or with a bistro meal before or after your session. (click on Bistro Link below). The bar is also open if you wish to enjoy a drink whilst playing.
All Bookings Please Note:
- Bookings are to be made at least 7 days in advance if possible. Bookings for Wednesdays & Saturdays can be made at shorter notice provided they commence before 6pm. All barefoot bowls bookings to commence between the hours of 10am and 7pm with a latest finishing time of 9pm. (Bookings with less than 7 days notice will be dependent on the availability of a club member to look after your group).
- Bookings Monday to Saturday after 6pm and Sundays (Day or Evening) for less than 8 guests (will be dependent on availability of a club member).
- Read the Conditions of Play below for all the information you will require.
All Barefoot Bowlers must abide by COVID restrictions and government guidelines.
* All patrons who attend the City of Geelong Bowls Club Venue must be fully vaccinated.
If you are unwilling to accept these guidelines please do not make a booking.
Pennant - October to March (except for Xmas break)
Between October to March, Tuesdays and Saturdays are Pennant days.
The Greens are available on these days but not during pennant competition.
Bookings for either of these days are available as follows:
Tuesdays: After 2pm
Saturdays: Mornings Between 10am - 12.15pm and Evenings after 5pm.
Book now . .
Please check your email SPAM or JUNK mail folders if you do not receive a reply within 24 hours of making your booking.
Bookings are Invoiced 7 days prior to your booking or immediately if within 7 days.
Payment is required 5 days before your booking day.
Changes to your group numbers can be made up until payment.
After payment is made, there are no refunds for no shows as members are rostered on according to numbers paid for.
Once you are booked in, please read Conditions of Play below for all the information you need.
Barefoot Bowls for School Groups
School Groups are most welcome and these can be arranged by email. Initial tuition is arranged and games organised for groups of students. The cost is $6 per student and includes the use of club bowls, coaching and game organisation.
Conditions of Play
To ensure a fun day of barefoot bowls for everyone, please observe the following terms and conditions during your visit to our club:
- Flat soled shoes, thongs and sandals. Barefeet or socks are acceptable. No type of heels, wedges or spikes allowed.
- Children are allowed but must be supervised by their carers at all times (not by our volunteers). Speak to us about smaller soft bowls for young children to have a roll. Under 10's are not permitted to use the hard bowls
- No BYO drinks or food are allowed as we are a fully licensed club. (Birthday Cakes for Special Occasions are permitted).
- Sign on when entering the club with either manually or by QR code.
- Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas.
- No drinking is permitted on the Greens. There are areas to enjoy a drink beside the Greens as well as food and an outside dining area overloking the Greens to enjoy a meal outside of the bistro.
The City of Geelong Bowls Club operates for the benefit of Club Members and the Public. Barefoot Bowling is provided to the public by the club, fully staffed by volunteer club members in order to support the running of the Club.